A Gummy Smile is a common occurrence where the upper lip retraction is exaggerated causing to much gum to be exposed.
A Gummy Smile is a common occurrence, when some people smile their upper lip elevates to far against their upper teeth causing gums become exposed. There are various causes of a Gummy Smile one of which is a hyperactive muscle which elevates the upper lip, a thin upper lip can also contribute to problem, exposing the upper gum even more.
Fortunately at Aesthetics of Liverpool we are able to effectively treat a Gummy Smile through the use of Botulinum Toxin known more commonly as ‘Botox’. The injections work by reducing the activity of the muscle that elevates the upper lip, therefore reducing the amount of gum that is exposed and allowing you to smile with confidence!
Over the next 3-4 days, elevation of the upper lip will gradually become less, transforming your smile! Optimum results can usually be seen 14 days after treatment.
• In some cases more extensive bruising may occur in particular around the eyes, this can usually be covered up with makeup and is temporary.
• Occasionally patients may experience a headache after treatment and very rarely double vision.
• There is very slight possibility when Botulinum Toxin is injected into the forehead it may cause weakness of the muscle holding up the eyelid causing ‘partial ptosis’ or drooping of the upper eyelid. This usually takes between 2-4 weeks to subside.
• In rare cases if the forehead muscles are relaxed too much, especially in patients with looser skin the treatment may cause the eyebrows to drop slightly. This is temporary and usually subsides within 10 weeks.
• All clients should bare in mind that the effects of Botulinum Toxin is temporary and side effects subside after three months.
We will not be able to deliver Botox if:
• You are pregnant.
• You are Breastfeeding.
• Are allergic to any of the ingredients.
• Have a neuromuscular disorder.