A Salicylic Peel is a type of Chemical Peel, Peels have been used for thousands of generations to treat a variety of skin conditions.
Clients usually notice results immediately with skin appearing bright and renewed. For optimum results we recommend a course of 3 to 6 treatments on a weekly basis.
Derived from willow bark, wintergreen leaves and sweet birch, a Salicylic Peel has a less aggressive formula, it is able to combat oily and acneic skin and has a calming effect on the skin due to its anti-inflammatory qualities. A Salicylic Peel works by deeply exfoliating the skin, the peel is able to penetrate down to lower layers of the skin and increases the skins ability to retain moisture. The treatment also aids the control of blemishes and pustules whilst calming and reducing redness. A Salicylic Peel is an effective treatment that cleanses the skin,unclogs pores, reduces inflammation and leaves behind visible results.
A Salicylic Peel is ideal for treating the following skin conditions:
Areas of that can be treated include:
Prior to treatment you will attend a consultation with an Aesthetics of Liverpool Practitioner where you will be able to discuss you concerns and what you are hoping to achieve from your treatment.
If you decide to proceed with treatment clients are asked to follow a skin care routine at home 1-2 weeks prior treatment in order to prepare the skin. A main element of the routine involves using a Peel Gel for one week at home for 1 week before treatment, application of this product is imperative in order to prime skin and obtain maximum results without adverse reactions.
During the treatment your skin will be cleansed, the Glycolic Acid will then be applied to the treatment area in a number of layers. The number of layers and the length of the time peel is applied for is dependent on the clients skin type and condition.
A huge part of a successful Peel Treatment is pre and post skin care. Too maximise Peel recovery time and results, it is important to follow all of the below procedure instructions below:
– After your treatment skin may appear slightly pink for a few hours but this will usually subside within 12-24 hours although some clients experience no redness at all.
– Avoid makeup on the area for 6 hours unless you are applying mineral makeup that has been specifically formulated for post procedural application.
– Post treatment skin will begin to lightly shed and flake for 3-5 days following treatment this is completely normal however do not pick or attempt exfoliate the flaking skin.
– Your Aesthetics of Liverpool practitioner will have advised of a post treatment skin care regime, this will include an emoilent cream, hydrator, SPF products and antioxidant serums, it is imperative that this routine is followed in order to enhance skin recovery and the benefits of the peel.
– Skin will be extremely sensitive to sunlight, therefore ensure you wear the advised SPF on a daily basis and avoid exposing your skin to intense direct sunlight.
– Avoid exposing the heat to any extremes of heat (hot baths, saunas, sunbeds etc)
– Do not go swimming in a chlorinated pool for one week.
– Do not have any other form of regenerative treatments for 1-4 weeks without a full consultation from your Aesthetics of Liverpool practitioner. This includes Mircrodermabrasion, Dermal Rollering, Waxing, Laser or IPL, Facial Steaming or Electrolysis.
– It is important that you allow your skin to have the best chances of quick healing and recovery therefore do not put your body under unnecessary strain e.g excessive gym work, further regenerative treatments. This would overload the bodies wound healing response and skin would therefore be slower to heal.
– Clients often notice results immediately however results are likely to most visible after a course of 3-6 treatments.
We offer a range of Skin Peels, during your initial consultation with an Aesthetics Of Liverpool Practitioner you will be able to discuss your concerns and goals where we will be able to decide what peel or treatment will help to significantly improve your skin.
|Course (four sessions)||£300.00|