We often meet clients who have sunken Tear Troughs and dark circles under their eyes. The area around the eye is a sensitive area therefore many clients wish to have a treatment that is non-invasive but will rejuvenate the area, the least invasive way of correcting this cosmetically is with the use of Dermal Fillers.
Dermal Fillers are known for delivering outstanding results, after treatment results are visible immediately and last between 6-9 months.
The Tear Trough is a groove that develops between the eyelid and the cheek. As we age we loose facial volume and elasticity, one of the changes which is commonly noticed is the appearance and gradual worsening of dark circles and ‘trough like’ hollows under the eyelids. Surgery to rectify the problem is not always appropriate and many clients find that they may not have the time or finances to justify such a procedure. Therefore with minimal recovery time and outstanding results, Tear Trough Fillers can be the ideal treatment.
*Upon booking this treatment online you agree that it is subject to a consultation for suitability and if payment has been made and the treatment is not suitable, then the credit can be transferred for an alternative treatment.
Dermal Fillers have become an increasingly popular treatment. Dermal Fillers where originally composed of Collagen. However Collagen Fillers are permanent and bind to the skins tissue therefore the use of them has steadily declined.
At Aesthetics Of Liverpool we use Dermal Fillers are based of Hyaluronic Acid which has been nicknamed by the press as the ‘Key to the fountain of youth’. Hyaluronic Acid exists in all living organisms in the human body and is a natural component of the skin and is present in connective tissue throughout the body. Hyaluronic Acid occurs naturally in the deeper layer of skin where it keeps skin smooth and plump.
Prior to treatment you will have an initial consultation to discuss your concerns and what you are hoping to achieve from treatment.
During the Tear Trough Treatment you will be seated in a reclined chair in one of our treatment rooms where one of our fully qualified Practitioners will perform the procedure with a series of injections and will be able to talk you through each step. The procedure as a whole takes between 20-30 minutes.
• You are required not to not carry out activities that cause excessive perspiration such as, the gym, sauna’s etc for 48 hours as you risk sweating the Dermal Filler out.
• Avoid any form of makeup, facial or spa treatment as again this may cause the Dermal Filler to spread causing adverse effects.
• If you determine that the discomfort is to severe or if the site gives rise to other conditions, such as oedema or prolonged swelling contact the clinic immediately.
• Most side effects will resolve with time, some side effects may persist longer than 30 days, in this case you are usually referred to your GP whereby antibiotics or steroids may be recommended. The risks associated with Dermal Fillers are low, but it is important to be aware.
• If you have any concerns no matter how big or small contact your practitioner immediately we will be happy to advise or invite you into the clinic to discuss any issues you may be having.