The worlds most popular non-surgical treatment! Wrinkle Relaxing Treatment more commonly known as Botox is used to combat signs of ageing.
Wrinkle Relaxing Injections are known for delivering visible results in a short period of time. Some clients will notice change 3-10 days following injection, however the maximum results can usually be seen two weeks post treatment.
Whilst Wrinkle Relaxing Injections provide fast results they are not permanent. For the highest standard of results we advise treatments to be 3-4 months apart, but this will eventually become 6-12 months.
Most commonly known as ‘Botox’ this Wrinkle Relaxing Injection first became popular in the late 1980s and has been used to treat millions of people worldwide. ‘Botox’ short for Botulinum Toxin is a purified protein that when applied to lines and wrinkles causes muscles to relax, smoothing wrinkles out and creating a youthful appearance.
Wrinkle Relaxing Injections are not a permanent treatment, as they will naturally breakdown however with continuous Botox treatment the muscle will become ‘re-educated’, therefore reducing the development of new wrinkles and also increasing the amount of time needed between each treatment. Botox has fast become one of the most recognisable and sort after anti-ageing procedures, due to having few risks, minimal downtime and remarkable results.
Botox can also be used to treat Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating), the protein is injected into the effected area of the body e.g armpits therefore blocking signals from the brain to the sweat glands reducing the amount of sweat that is being produced.
*Upon booking this treatment online you agree that it is subject to a consultation for suitability and if payment has been made and the treatment is not suitable, then the credit can be transferred for an alternative treatment.
You will have an initial consultation with an Aesthetics of Liverpool practitioner where we will be able to explore your treatment options and we can answer any queries you may have. We will also assess your suitability for the treatment and examine your areas of concern.
During the treatment, your fully qualified Aesthetics of Liverpool Practitioner will make a series of small injections directly into the treatment area. This allows muscles to relax, reduces the appearance of lines and wrinkles and also prevents the formation of new wrinkles.
The entire procedure is relatively quick lasting around 20-30 minutes during this time your practitioner will discuss the results, advise of the aftercare procedures and of any further treatments.
• In some cases more extensive bruising may occur in particular around the eyes, this can
usually be covered up with makeup and is temporary.
• Occasionally patients may experience a headache after treatment and very rarely double vision.
• There is very slight possibility when Botulinum Toxin is injected into the forehead it may cause weakness of the muscle holding up the eyelid causing ‘partial ptosis’ or drooping of the upper eyelid. This usually takes between 2-4 weeks to subside.
• In rare cases if the forehead muscles are relaxed too much, especially in patients with looser skin the treatment may cause the eyebrows to drop slightly. This is temporary and usually subsides within 10 weeks.
• All clients should bare in mind that the effects of Botulinum Toxin is temporary and side effects subside after three months.
• For a few hours after injections do not rub or massage the treated area as you could potentially spread out the injected Botulinum Toxin into adjacent muscles where is may cause the eyelid to droop.
• Avoid activities that cause excessive perspiration such as the gym, sauna’s etc, as you risk sweating the Botulinum Toxin out.
• Avoid any form of Facial or Spa treatment as again this may cause the Botulinum Toxin to spread causing adverse effects.
• The effects of Botulinum Toxin usually take up to two weeks. Most clients usually find they can still move muscles to a small extent in the area treated. This is completely normal, the aim of the treatment is not to prevent muscles on the face moving but merely reduce the number of times your muscles contract, as this is when wrinkles occur.
• If you have any concerns no matter how big or small contact your practitioner immediately we will be happy to advise or invite you into the clinic to discuss any issues you may be having.
We will not be able to deliver Botox if:
• You are pregnant.
• You are Breastfeeding.
• Are allergic to any of the ingredients.
• Have a neuromuscular disorder.
Wrinkle Relaxing Treatment is ideal for any clients who are concerned about lines and wrinkles on their face. The treatment creates a smoother, fresher and ultimately more youthful appearance. Anybody considering Botox will have a consultation with an Aesthetics of Liverpool Practitioner where we will explore your treatment options and decide if Botox is the right form of Anti-Ageing Treatment for you.